what happens if I break my eris now?General

Last Updated:

1. joesym001

joesym001 New Member This Topic's Starter

say i accidentally break my eris and take it in to get a replacement (using verizon's phone insurance). i know i have to pay a fee for a new one, but if the phone is discontinued, how would they replace it. they'd probably replace them until stock runs out but what happens after that? i don't think i'd be able to get an incredible because then everyone's eris would just "break" and we'd all have to get a shiny, new (better) phone. anyone run into this yet?

Advertisement
  2. Mojorisen

Mojorisen Well-Known Member

Numerous people were doing this with Sprint when they released the Touch Pro. Suddenly everyone's Moguls were just 'breaking'. The Mogul had become discontinued, but due to the amount in stock, most people's were replaced with Refurbs. When those ran out, Touch Pros were issued out. I'm sure it would go something along those lines with this incident as well, and probably be the Incredible since that was HTC's next Verizon android phone. (right?)

3. TheDanimal

TheDanimal Well-Known Member

Asurion (Verizon's insurance provider) will have a lot of Eris's in stock for quite a while. So if you break it or lose it or play baseball with it then they would send you a refurb Eris. I'm sure they'll eventually run out but typically they keep a good stock of devices, even if they're discontinued.

4. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Or they will just send someone else's refurbishded that just had more problems than your original. Those people that receive multiple refurbished units...I wonder what the chances are that they ever get their old phone back as a refurb at some point. :rolleyes:

5. cmajpwc

cmajpwc Well-Known Member

I'm taking good care of my phone for this exact reason. My phone works, so I don't wanna break it because there is a good chance that the refurb Eris or Incredible would have problems.

6. surgeon0214

surgeon0214 Well-Known Member

If you break your phone, Verizon will never let you use their service again and you will be forced to make the dreaded transition to a company like AT&T. Or if you have the right amount of money, and I'm talking a lot, you can get yourself a new phone in the good network. (Martin Luther reform pun sorta thing)

Hiroshika likes this.
  7. homer169

homer169 Well-Known Member

There is a limit of two insurance claims per year. The odds of getting your old phone as a refurb are pretty much nonexistent.. On the other hand, of you are having issues that are dyer to defects, they might offer you an early upgrade after a few replacements.

8. bcltoys

bcltoys Well-Known Member

If it breaks can you go and pay full price for any phone you want.

9. hlaalu

hlaalu Well-Known Member

you can pay full price for any phone anytime you want lol

10. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

A guy at work just told me yesterday he had recently replaced his LG Dare at a Verizon store. The Dare hasn't been sold at Verizon in nearly / over a year. There will almost always be refurbs out there.

Also, he said he's never had insurance, he just happen to get a CS rep that was nice enough to give him a working Dare for his failed one (he dropped it).

I myself never have that kind of luck. That's why I've had insurance on my last 2 phones, but have never had to file a claim. Doh'