• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what happens to old contact phones help

oldpot

Jul 30, 2011
wife's daughter on tmobile contract (been with them 6 years)and got me thinking, as her mother want to get out of virgin mobile (slow data etc)i ask her when she could upgrade and she said end of January i was wondering if she got a new phone with upgrade would her mother be able to have her old phone and add a sim to it and used that on prepaid ??? or if she got a new phone her mother could even have new phone as she does like the one shes got now and might want to keep it i know its a longshot but????.

ty
atmazzz
cool as wife's want to get out of virgin mobile (slow data speed etc)and instead of buying another phone she can you old one or new one ??? if i ask tmobile c/s would they tell me or would they say no seen as i not be buying a phone but using a prepaid plan?.

You don't have to the buy a phone from them. I bought a t-mobile galaxy s2 from craigslist and just ordered a sim activation kit from T-Mobile online. You can usually get one for 99 cents. I left Virgin Mobile too for T-Mobile. I'm on the $30 monthly 4g prepaid plan.

Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0
ty again
i most concerned about if the daughter dont like the new phone and wants to go back to old phone could her mother use the new phone ??

I'm almost certain her mother could use the new phone if she puts in a new sim and activates it. If she has a sim she has activated, she should be able to use it in any T-Mobile phone. So if the mother got a sim and activated in one of the phones, she could use it in either phone. Just like her daughter could take the activated sim out of her old phone and use it in the new phone.

Just one thing to remember, some of the new phones, like the Galaxy S3 and the Note 2, use a smaller sim called a micro sim. Depending on the phone your daughter has now and the new phone she gets, they might take different size sim cards.

Reactions: oldpot
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones