What happens when you format your phone/card?

Last Updated:

1. djgpenny

djgpenny Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so this sounds to myself like a total noob question. Nevertheless, I'd like to know: Is all of my data (contacts, installed software, custom screens created by Widget Locker and Beautiful Widgets, even preferences) in the cloud and will therefore be reinstalled after formatting? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

The only thing synced to the cloud is contacts and calendar. everything else is not. any apps you downloaded from the market can be redownloaded, however, settings or app data wont.

djgpenny likes this.
  3. djgpenny

Thanks Sitlet. I figured that might be the case. Seems like way too much work to reformat my phone.

4. CptGemini

CptGemini Well-Known Member

Get mybackup pro off the market, it backs up just about all your data and installed apps along with the settings you had. Its not free however but its well worth every penny. You can choose to backup the stuff to the SD card or to their secure online servers, I personally back them up to the SD card.

djgpenny likes this.
  5. djgpenny

Good to know. I may very well do that because it's so valuable!

6. CptGemini

One more thing I forgot to mention is that you can set it to do automatic backups daily or just on sundays. I have mine set to do automatic backups every night.

7. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

I use the free Astro File Manager to back up apps. SMS back up to back up SMS messages if needed.

8. CptGemini

I have astro as well but you can't do automatic backups with it. Mybackup pro does it all for you automatically, as well as all your messages. The only thing it wont backup are the apps that are protected.