• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What Has Apple invented?

HotRoderX

Android Enthusiast
Jul 21, 2012
I been trying to think of something Apple has invited? This Samsung lawsuit has got me thinking has Apple really ever invited anything. The major products I can think of they either stole our they bought the company who did invent it.

Here are just a few of the major things Apple is listed as creating

Iphone - Smartphone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IPod - Kane Kramer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mac - IBM Personal Computer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

even Steve Jobs admitted they steal idea's - Steve Jobs: Good artists copy great artists steal - YouTube

Maybe its just me but seems Apple has to be one of the dirtiest company's in the history of America.

I will give them this thought they are wonderful at hiding the truth that's for sure.

Can anyone think of anything thing Apple really invited?

As I recall, early Macs had a sound file named Sosumi, aka So Sue Me.

edit: googled it:

Sosumi
Sosumi is one of the system sounds introduced in Apple Inc.'s Macintosh System 7 operating system in 1991, an extremely short sample of a xylophone, which gained notoriety in computer folklore as a cheeky response to a long-running Apple Corps v. Apple Computer trademark conflict. The sound has been included in all subsequent versions of Mac OS, including Mac OS X.
During the development of System 7, the two Apples concluded a settlement agreement from an earlier dispute when Apple added a sound synthesis chip to its IIgs machine. As a result, Apple Computer was prohibited from using their trademark on "creative works whose principal content is music".
When new sounds for System 7 were created, the sounds were reviewed through Apple's legal department and they objected that the new system sound alert "chime" had a name that was "too musical", under the recent settlement. The creator of the new sound alerts for System 7, Jim Reekes, had grown frustrated with the legal scrutiny and first quipped it should be named "Let It Beep", a pun on The Beatles' "Let It Be". When someone remarked that that would not pass legal's approval, he remarked "so sue me". After a brief reflection, he resubmitted the sound's name as sosumi (a homophone of "so sue me"), telling the legal department that the name was Japanese and had nothing to do with music.[1]
Sosumi exists as an inside joke on Apple Inc.'s website as the name of a CSS typographical style used for legal notices such as the copyright notice:

Upvote 0
The single button mouse?

apple_desig_one_mouse_button.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones