1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

What have I done to my G1?

1. jdi77

jdi77 New Member

I just wanted to be able to save to my SD card. Soooo, I rooted my phone (following unlockr), no problems. The next step they want me to do is get ADB working, all is well until the last line flash_image permission denied (everything is smooth with SU permissions etc. until the last line). I've tried using several different sites. It seems I just can't get a custom flash recovery?? I just wanted to root, get a new ROM and continue on with life but now I'm baffled, annoyed, frustrated and feeling rather dumb :confused: Is there a way to just completely start over. I don't know if nothing is working because of something I did following other sites instructions. Do I really need ADB just to get a new ROM? I paid for ROM manager, uploaded the Cyanogen Rom but that didn't work either. I think I need DangerSPL but I'm a little nervous. Holy moly, anyone wanna help a gal out and get me through this??! Sorry for all the questions. I've spent a week reading and reading and it's just not getting through my thick skull! :eek:

Advertisement
  2. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

For starters, what guide are you using and what ROM are you trying to flash?
  3. jdi77

jdi77 New Member

I was trying to follow Unlockr guides...this time. I was attempting to try Cyanogen 6, tried doing it myself but failed miserably so I used ROM Manager from the market and that failed too. I guess I've been out of the technology world a little too long!
  4. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

1. ROM manager isn't going to work
    2. There are a number of guides on theunlockr, please specify which guide you are using and what step you are on.
  5. jdi77

jdi77 New Member

I was using this: How To: Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the HTC G1 / Dream | TheUnlockr I completed the "How to Root" procedure which then leads you to the "How to setup ADB" procedure. That is where I got stuck. I get to the last line and get "permission denied"...I make it through the rest of it just fine. I don't know if I messed my phone up on an earlier attempt though. I'm impatient when things don't work :)
  6. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

Can you please post a screen shot of the error you get?
  7. Baggy

Baggy Well-Known Member

i'm sure you need DangerSPL if your putting cyanogen 6 on the G1

HTC Dream - CyanogenMod Wiki
  8. helpmefixmyg1

helpmefixmyg1 New Member

ok this is the situation.....i bought a t mobile g1 from craigslist and it barely works....at first the phone would just go straight to the boot screen(with the triangle) so i did some google searching to try to find a solution...the conclusion i came to was the phone must have been "rooted" because once i got it actually up the home key would stick by itself...ive heard of rooting ur phone but i know nothing about it or how to do it....eventually i tried to update with these "update.zip" files in order to get my phone back to stock, i also obtained the nbh file....the nbh worked fine but no matter what i do i can not get my phone to run these update.zip files from the screen with the triangle(they always either get halfway and self abort or i get an error message) i tried several different things i read in tutorials and such but it always seems i can not apply the update.zip files....i am assuming my phone was previously rooted or modded i dont really care about tht i just need it to work....if ne one could help me it would be greatly appreciated(all i want to do is get my phone working i dont care about version or firmware or anything)....i cant get it back up right now(still stuck on screen with triangle) but i remember it said firmware version 1.6 and build dmd64 i think,,,,,please help i just need a phone
  9. Baggy

Baggy Well-Known Member

you tried some other microSD card?
    or you may need to format it
    the nbh file must be the DREAIMG.nbh file that lets you downgrade the phone to be rooted.

I'm rooted and run 1.6 on mine this is the guide i used
    Dream:Rooting - CyanogenMod Wiki
    download all the files you NEED and put into the microSD [no folders]
    read carefully there is a choice of files depending on your phone i.e. radio, whether US or Europe!

ps have to tried turning it off then booting up holding HOME + POWER this should put you into recovery mode or hold the camera button and power for fastboot.
    could you unload a video or some pictures to give us some idea as to what the deal is.