What have I done?

Last Updated:

1. callmelife

callmelife New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, im new to the droid rooting scene. Alittle while ago I had my friend root my droid, but i do not know what he did exactly so I don't know what i have or what i can do to it now. I can tell you that I have the Nexus boot up, wireless tethering, androzip, terminal emulator, superuser permissions, and Im pretty sure the smoked glass theme (things are blue now, opposed to green) Thats about all i have noticed, including audio toggle and bright control. I know this isn't much, but I am very new and looking to learn, if you have any advice or recognize any of the Roms I have I would appreciate it alot, thanks!

Advertisement
  2. meekrab

meekrab Well-Known Member

From the homescreen, click menu -> settings -> about phone -> then scroll down to build number. It should show something about rom version

3. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

While you are at it, you might want to check out the kernal version too. You might have the option to overclock your droid if you're friend installed a custom kernal or a custom rom with a custom kernal. Overclocking is one of the best benefits you have when you root your droid.

4. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

It sounds like your running one of Pete's Bugless Beast ROM's. Possibly AdamZ's also. Pete's ROM's are great to use for beginners but I would make sure you are up to date on his newest release. Go to alldroid.org and follow the subforums in this order development>droid>pete then you can grab Bugless Beast ESE53 V0.8 is the newest I think. You will want to download the nandroid of it and unzip it then place the folder on you sdcard inside the folder "nandroid". Turn your droid off then power it back up while holding x on the keyboard, then select backup/restore then simple nandroid backup, after thats done do both wipe options. Then go back to backup/restore and choose advanced nandroid restore and choose the folder you put on your sdcard and hit perform restore. When its done reboot your droid and you should be done.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk