What have we got ?

Last Updated:

1. StevenChap

StevenChap Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So Blackberrys have BBM, Iphones have Whatsapp but what has Android got ? Iv had my Hero a few months now and havent saw any messaging app as of yet...

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

You mean besides GTalk, any number of IM aggregator apps and good ol' GMail with its "push" facility? ;)

3. StevenChap

Yeah but then again Gtalk is for US only :/ and BBM is unique like the highlight of BlackBerry and Whatsapp is uniquely jus for iphone to iphone, and we have nothing! im not complaining tho, my hero does more than the other phones but i jus wanted our own messenger!

4. jmfryer1978

jmfryer1978 Active Member

Gtalk (or Google Talk) is not just US only, works perfectly fine in the UK.

I use it loads and actually prefer it to text messaging as the other half can send messages via the home PC and save her text messages.

5. StevenChap

Im like the only person I kno who has a gmail account never mind usin an email. all my friends have "sexy_paul123@hotmail.com" so therefor I have never once used gtalk since i have no1 on it :O

6. Fozzy

Fozzy Active Member

"Ping Chat" just released took their application off Beta and have put it into the Market a couple weeks ago. Its a popular app for the iPhone/iPod Touch and although it took them a while, its now on Android and Blackberry and I think Symbian? (Not sure on that yet)

But that uses Push notifications and is pretty similar to BBM (Texts, Pictures, etc)

So I'd say that's probably your best option. I'm sure there's other application around too, I just know Ping cause I was a Beta tester.

StevenChap likes this.
  7. StevenChap

jus downloaded pingchat, its awesome cause im in new zealand right now and roaming charges woulda put me in debt, so now i jus ping my friends cause they too have downloaded it :D thanks a million.

8. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Why does everyone rave about bbm? I haven't used it so I don't know why it's meant to be so good.

I will give PingChat a go though :)

9. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Dunno.... I hate the notion of being tied to one particular app. Android is about choice - that's what we've got. :D