• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What have you learned...

I finally got to bed at 1.20am having failed miserably in getting even as far as rooting my phone.
Woke up in a cold sweat at 2.55am having had a bad nightmare of little green android monsters laughing at me.
Went down stairs and did yet another fresh install and bingo i was rooted and installing Villain Rom.
For me it was a case of reading the instructions and following them to the letter.

Upvote 0
I want to thank Just2exy too. Great guide, followed it step-by-step and managed to downgrade my orange rom, root my hero and flash a custom ROM. In fact, within 24 hours I've had the latest SenseROM and VillainROM on my hero and just flashed again to check some Navigator problems.

But, without the guide I would have been lost, even though I have flashed other types of phones before. So many many thanks.

Here is what I have learnt:

How to root a phone
How to downgrade a ROM
How to use the new recovery menu
How to flash a custom ROM

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones