What I learned from a sprint rep tonight

Last Updated:

1. crow11ad

crow11ad Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was talking with a Sprint rep tonight on the phone who had the HERO. I asked about apps being saved to sd card. He said with the update to 1.6 that it will happen, but because of the size it will have to be in 2 parts and the update should be coming around the 1st of the year.

Advertisement
  2. Fake Name

Fake Name Well-Known Member

I dont think so, Sprint customer service rarily knows whats going on, and I think Sprint will just jump to 2.0 directly

3. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

No offense, but I dont believe that your rep knew what he was talking about. I have never once heard that 1.6 allows for apps to be saved to the SD card, and as far as I know, this is also not a feature of 2.0.

So unless he also works for HTC and HTC has decided to add this to the Sense experience, its highly unlikely.

As for the update. I'd like to think we will get OTA, but they seemed rather stand-offish about it when asked about updates not long ago. They did say it would most likely be in 2010 though. So it looks like he got that part right.

4. dcdttu

dcdttu Well-Known Member

I don't care much how we get the update, OTA or cable to PC, I just would really love HTC to deliver with 2.0.

It might take a bit, seeing that 2.0 isn't even out yet, and the Hero has Sense UI. I guess we'll see.

Why they would update phones to an already outdated 1.6 when Verizon's are starting with 2.0 is beyond me from a marketing/competitive standpoint. C'mon Sprint, you haven't done me wrong yet!