What I like LEAST about the Droid X...

1. notaguru

notaguru Well-Known Member

Coming from the Incredible, it's easy: I dislike the hardware buttons for HOME, MENU, RETURN, SEARCH.

Surely some will comment on the absence of the trackball, speakerphone audio performance, battery life, or [unrooted] Motorola's blurry quirks. But for me, it's those hardware buttons...

I installed free Swipepad with its pay options, which gets around some of the discomfort, but haven't figured out how to use that brilliant utility to get to the HOME page.

Advertisement
  2. draconius

draconius Well-Known Member

I prefer hardware buttons instead of touch sensitive. You never get accidental hits. That's a main reason I'm not too into the bionic.
  3. kg2128

kg2128 Well-Known Member

Wow, I pretty much disagree with all your complaints lol. But why go from incredible to droid x now?(especially since you have all these issues) There are plenty of dual core phones and lte phones on verizon now and one phone with both. Was it the cheap price or warranty replacement?
  4. notaguru

I had the Incredible, and wanted a bigger screen. The DroidX is perfect for me, except for those hardware buttons. I mentioned those other issues because I've seen comments on them.
  5. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Well-Known Member

I'm not a big fan of the hardware buttons, but I have come to love being able to wake the screen with the home button. It's a trade off I guess.
  6. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

+1

i had the eris, and everytime i was playing a game or something with it, that back button would just kill me. im going to a samsung next, and the hard buttons will no longer be there :(

the other problems are easily fixed, or just eventually overlooked. i cannot look at my dx and say this was a big mistake getting this phone. this has been the same phone since launch day, and i have not had any problems with it, it has actually been through alot! but thats the nature of the beast. it cannot die, its truly unbrickable, and will stay alive forever!
  7. notaguru

Even though I don't like hardware buttons, this is the best phone I've owned -- or used (and I've used a LOT).

I do wish there were a way to get Swipepad to go HOME.
  8. erisftw15

erisftw15 Well-Known Member

coming from the eris i would be typing and id always hit the menu button and i got so mad so i fell in love with the hardware buttons

i think theres a good space between the screen and the buttons on the bionic
  9. Huawei Sean

Huawei Sean Active Member

I Love the hardware buttons. I can turn on my screen easier, Then hitting the power button on top. Other than that reason, I could care less whether the buttons are touch or not.

But one thing i hate on the X is no scroller ball or touchpad. I only used it on my old phone when i made a typing mistake, and it was really time saving and easier, compared to touching where you need to go back to.

On that note, does anyone know of any keyboard apps with the arrow buttons on the key board??? (Similar to the EVO i believe)
  10. droidros

droidros Well-Known Member

I like the hardware buttons but my thumbnail is chipping off the black paint from the Back button and it's looking ugly.

Anybody else have this problem?
  11. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

I'll agree that I prefer the hardware buttons. Love being able to turn the screen on with the home button. Everytime I pick up my wifes D2, it annoys me I have to turn it on from the top.

Plus no accidental hits.
  12. _Aardvark

_Aardvark Well-Known Member

I see a few tiny chips where the black paint has chipped on two buttons. Much more noticeable after whatever update ridiculously cranked the button brightness up to "11".
  13. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Right now the only thing I don't like about the DX is the constant loss of 3G and having to cycle thru Airplane mode to get it back.
  14. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Hardware keys.

I have a Droid X and a Bionic.

I just started using a stylus and it is very handy on both ... but ... it cannot be used on the Droid X hardware keys.

... Thom
  15. droidros

What type of stylus is this? I didn't know there was a stylus you can use with a touch screen like these.
  16. Thom

There are a number of thenm out there.

I tried a few. I don't like the ones with metal at both ends. I figure some day I will scratch the screen.

The type I use is whown at ...
    Motorola DROID BIONIC Thin Plastic Stylus Pens
    there are lots of other places (like your Verizon stgore).

... Thom
    droidros likes this.
  17. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Same for me, I had an original Droid, and I would always inadvertently hit one of the soft keys at the most inopportune times.

Love the ability to wake up the device with the Home button in front.
  18. svensett

svensett Well-Known Member

Swiftkey X has that option.
  19. RJR

RJR Member

I honestly don't have any complaints other than the battery life but charging it once a day has become the norm these days
  20. _Aardvark

_Aardvark Well-Known Member

It does.

Swype has it as well and is pre-installed on the X. Swype from the swype-key to the help-key or something like that. A new screen will appear with awesome navigation, selection, and copy/paste buttons. Its the thing I miss the most from Swype after going to swift keys x.
  21. cloudnueve

cloudnueve Well-Known Member

I wish it was 4G. I can live with the hardware buttons. I have tiny hands like that guy on the BK Commercial.
  22. droidros

I can't say I haate anything but I wish it had a front-facing camera and the ability to take screen shots.
  23. Thom

I use ScreenGrabber to take screenshots. Great. In the Market.

... Thom
  24. bullitt5177

bullitt5177 Member

SwiftKey X has an option for it.