What I want in a ROM, how can I make it happen?

1. Slacker20

Slacker20 Well-Known Member

Alright, I have been trying a different ROM just about daily, sometimes even a few in the same day, trying to find one that I actually want to use. I like bits and pieces of a few different ones, but not just one in particular. Basically, what I want is a Google Edition ROM like bigxie's, but with the HTC camera, gallery, and, if possible, IR function, and a battery percentage mod and more customization options like those found on CyanogenMod's nightlies.

What are some options?

Advertisement
    :
  2. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Well-Known Member

Part of your issue with what you ask is that a it would require a mix of the stock Android framework as well as the HTC framework.

I know a few devs in the past have been able to achieve it on other devices but it's been buggy.

This one may not happen... we will have to wait and see.
    scotty85 likes this.
  3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

HTC camera, ir function, and other sense features require proprietary code.

You likely won't ever see these features on AOSP
    scotty85 likes this.
  4. InfernalByte

InfernalByte Well-Known Member

Learn C, C++ or Java or whatever and try it yourself.

It only took me an afternoon and I'd already digested the first page of the tutorial! Partially.
    scotty85 likes this.
  5. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

well said,loyal. this is actually the reason i stay stock most of the time now... im a huge fan of AOSP but i hate to give up the camera,boomsound,and the "prettyness" of a couple sense widgets.
  6. InfernalByte

I'm stock too, apart from Blinkfeed (which I reluctantly admit is growing on me), I really like what HTC have done to Sense, I also prefer 4.1.
  7. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

lol i have to reluctantly admit that as well :eek:

you prefer android 4.1? or sense 4.1? if the latter,i have to agree there as well. sense 5 IMO is not as asthetically pleasing as 4. in particular i hate the blocky keyboard,amongst some other small things. i think a sense 4 themed sense rom would be fantastic :D
  8. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Never used the Sense 4 keyboard. Actually find the Sense 5 one fine, to the extent that I've not reinstated Swiftkey on this phone. But I think that's mainly a function of it being big enough for me to type accurately now :)
    scotty85 likes this.
  9. InfernalByte

I have tried Android 4.2 and didn't like it. Am running the 4.1.1 dev release because I feel funky running HTC dev software with its red warnings etc, (I don't get out much), and I hate the pull down power menu of 4.2 that is non customisable like it is most AOSP's roms of old. There's stuff on the menu I will never use, that'll change I guess but for now I'm more than happy with stock 4.1, I might mod the battery icon and the am/pm indicator, but disliking them is nothing to throw my toys out of the pram about.
    scotty85 likes this.
  10. Paul25

Paul25 Well-Known Member Contributor

scotty85 likes this.