1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

What I want

1. mavkain

mavkain Member

So there are threads on different tablets and what they do. Being new to all this I want to put out my expectations and if anyone has input.. I'd love to have it.

I want a 7" tablet that I can:

Read ebooks on. PDF files for a few 100kb to 10's of Mb in size.
    Watch movies and TV episodes
    Surf the web, email and IM (WiFi)
    Use Apps like To do lists, timers, time management stuff ( I have ADD so need stuff like that)
    Games. I'm not looking for big 3D things. I got a computer for that.
    Was thinking of drawing or sketching programs or CAD but that's not important.

Price is the major issue. $150 ish is my target.

Any thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. twokatmew

twokatmew Member

If you find such a device, please post back. I'm looking for the exact same thing for very similar reasons. :D I'll post back when I find something, too.
  3. mavkain

mavkain Member

There are lots of tablets in that price range that may do most of what i want to do but I will not jump in and end up with a paper weight lol
  4. brbakrider

brbakrider New Member

Check out the Freebird. READ both options, one has hard screen but you have to touch twice (not double click) the other has more ram. 15 bucks for twice the ram is worth it 79 total. 10" for 159 I think. That's where I will go when I'm ready to upgrade. If anybody has better deal please let me know.