• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What if ????????

Yes, you can remove them. I highly recommend you keep the zip of the current ROM you're running. I say this because a lot of issues you may end up having (bad mod flash, etc.) can be fixed by just reflashing the zip of your current ROM. Of course, a nandroid backup will work too, but this way, you don't have to lose data/settings since the nandroid backup. You will have to reapply all mods, but that's generally not a huge deal. You, of course, can remove the zip, if you want, though. The running ROM uses it in no way whatsoever once it has been flashed.

Upvote 0
is it a smart move if i deleted the already installed ROMS from my sd card?? do i need them anymore while im running them? looked at my card and im at 89% something has to go...........
Once you flash the roms, you dont have to keep the zip on your sd card.

You should keep at least one or two nandroid backups on your sdcard, just in case. That way you wont have to finagle with it if you have problems.

Amazon has 16gb micro sd cards for like 22 bucks if you need more space

Reactions: lcallen80
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones