1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

What is a computer app file???

1. SelfElevated2

SelfElevated2 Well-Known Member

Ok so this is completely not an android question but I know one of my pals on the forums knows the answer.. So our programs are apk... If I was to download a pc game what would it be??? It's file extension like apk

Advertisement
  2. xBabyfaceKingx

xBabyfaceKingx Well-Known Member

Most likely .exe
    SelfElevated2 likes this.
  3. SelfElevated2

SelfElevated2 Well-Known Member

Thanks.. I think I figured out what I'm doing now
  4. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Well-Known Member

To go a little more in depth windows computers use more then just .exe file extensions. There are 1000's of windows file extensions out there.

Here is a list of some of the file extensions you will see there are many many more

Common File Extensions
    SelfElevated2 likes this.
  5. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

Moved to the Computer/IT forum as the thread does not involve the ZTE Warp :)
    justtom and SelfElevated2 like this.
  6. Speed Daemon

Speed Daemon Disabled

A file with an .apk extension should be an Android application package file. It's a zip/jar packed binary file with the MIME type "application/vnd.android.package-archive". An Android device should know how to handle it.