What is a good task/to-do list app?

1. CFD323

CFD323 Well-Known Member

I need something that I can enter in a bunch of tasks that I need to remind myself to do. Plus I'd like to be able to set the tasks to recur, so that the due date is Apr 25th, but everyday I will get a reminder alert to finish the task by Apr 25.

I tried Astrid but I can't seem to figure out how set up a recurring task.

Advertisement
    :
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

im a recent convert to shuffle, probably the best in the market by my reckoning.
  3. Doug Simmons

Doug Simmons Member

Curious what you guys think of gTasks.
  4. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

Astrid is pretty solid.
  5. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 New Member

I love gtasks, merges with my tasks through my calendar and is supported by the pure agenda widget.

It does not have reoccurring tasks though, which would have to be implemented by Google and their calendar.
  6. josh2140

josh2140 New Member

I have tried most of the to do apps and my favorite is quicktodo. Its very simple for jotting down quick thoughts or ideas to do at a later date (which what I was looking for). I like astrid but its not simple enough for me to jot small to do things down. I use that more for reoccurring to do lists. The dev. for quicktodo is also very responsive and open to suggestions to improving the app.
  7. lulugirl896

lulugirl896 Active Member

I use Got To Do. Love the integration with ToodleDo, it has a homescreen widget and you can set a recurring task easily.
  8. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

It works well for what I need.
  9. stevegunn

stevegunn New Member

+1 for Got to Do.
  10. Pitamakan

Pitamakan Well-Known Member

Definitely not a fan of gTasks, for a couple of reasons:

- Google tasks itself is pretty primative, lacking things like recurring tasks.

- the gTasks app is basically a hack, since Google doesn't provide a public API for Tasks. So anytime Google changes Tasks, the app will break, at least for a while.

- There have been some issues with the behavior of the gTasks developer, which you can catch up on by reading the Google Group for the app. Basically, he converted the full version of the app to a paid one, without warning, and the paid app isn't available on the Market.

-----

As for keeping track of stuff, I mostly use an online task manager called Todoist, which is great ... but there's no Android app for it. I'm eagerly awaiting the promised Android app of ReQall, which is an extremely cool service.
  11. droidexplorer

droidexplorer Member

How about Tasks N Todos? It syncs with Google Tasks and allow me to create repeating tasks with reminders to boot! Works well for the tablet too.
  12. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

What's a good task / to do apps for sharing between Android users. My wife and I are looking for one where she can enter in a task in her phone and have it appear on my phone for vise verse. I Tried Astrid but I don't like it's widget.
  13. RyanB

RyanB Guest

To Do Task Manager (there's a light and pro version). It has recurring tasks by day, date, week, month, or year, and you can customize the alert (ahead of time, when it's due, etc) It comes with a widget that you can use to filter out tasks, to control what you want to see (sort by due date, importance, etc). The Dev is also in the process of having the app sync worth toodledo.com; there's currentlya working beta for the sync in the Market.
  14. Beeblebrox

Beeblebrox Active Member

Lots of apps sync with online websites, but I always like to have an extra to-do application that does not go online or ask for contacts etc... i.e. an additional basic app. So I found MobiNotes, Note Pad, and NoteCipher.
  15. RyanB

RyanB Guest

With TDTM, the online sync is a separate add on, so you don't have to download it unless you want it
  16. chrimas1

chrimas1 New Member

17. AntiTrolla

AntiTrolla Active Member

Any Do. The UI is just beaut... awesome! :rolleyes:
  18. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

On Astrid to make a recurring task: Open app>when you make a task, click on the "when" option>it will show a calendar>at the top (if you are using a phone with a screen smaller than 4inches you may have to scroll) you will see the options "make repeating" and "add to calendar">Choose make repeating and set the recurrence value.
  19. ItsAboutTime

ItsAboutTime Active Member

Are there any good android To Do list apps that sync with decent desktop, organization software other than the DejaOffice app? I am trying DejaOffice now, and I think I will like its capabilities, but you do have to purchase additional software to sync it to Outlook, Palm Desktop, Pimlical or other desktop, organization managers.

I have seen lots of good To Do list manager apps on the android marketplace, but as near as I can tell, none of them sync to corresponding good desktop software. Most of them just sync to the extremely limited Google calendar on your desktop. I tried adding the Remember the Milk sidebar to the Google desktop calendar, because RTM seems decent on the phone, but the To Do list management on the Google desktop calendar is still far too limited for my tastes. JMO. Cheers.
  20. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

See if any in this thread help. :)
  21. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Producteev syncs to a Producteev desktop app, or to Outlook (via cloud). Astrid also syncs to Producteev via cloud if you already use it.
  22. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

Why pure agenda widget? I love Gtasks, its scrollable widget shows agenda and all list items.