What is best 3G phone comparable to Epic/EvoGeneral

Last Updated:

1. dna07

dna07 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have an Epic and my husband an Evo - now our son wants one, but I can't see adding yet ANOTHER $10 a month when there are a lot of phones out there that have a lot of the same features that are 3G instead of 4G (which we don't get most of the time anyway)

So - which non 4G phone out there is most similar to the Evo/Epic? :confused: He particularly likes Swype that comes on the Epic - Is this an app you can download on other phones?

Thanks for your replies...

Advertisement
  2. swagner53

swagner53 Well-Known Member

unfortunately on Sprint you don't have too many choices. The EVO and Epic are the only Android phones that are up to date. I don't think you can get the Hero or the Moment anymore. These were the only 3g Android phones on Sprint. They were both good phones although the Hero was much more popular.

3. dna07

dna07 New Member This Topic's Starter

yea - they still have the Hero and also the Motorola i1 - it also comes preloaded with Swype - know anything about it? (the Motorola i1)

4. swagner53

swagner53 Well-Known Member

The i1 is not a good choice as it is not a 3g phone- it is an iDen Nextel phone and data speeds will be awful. It is rugged and serves its purpose-- but not your purpose.

The Hero is a little bit dated, and although it is a good phone I wouldn't recommend getting one now as it is near end of life and wont likely see any more updates. I understand the hesitance in spending the extra 10 a month- but if you want an up to date Android on sprint, it really is the only option.