what is best/ easist way to learn about android

Last Updated:

1. dskyers

dskyers Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

:confused:iwant to leran about andriod and devolping apps and themes and all things g1 can any one help

Advertisement
  2. Ageless Stranger

Ageless Stranger Well-Known Member

3. mmaitlen

mmaitlen Member

Do you already know programming in general (preferably OO) and specifically Java? That would be the first place to start if you don't already have that experience.

4. drustvold

drustvold Well-Known Member

I picked up a good book the other day called "Hello, Android: Introducing Google's Mobile Development Platform" by Ed Burnette.

I'd say this book is for beginners and advanced users learning Android for the first time.

The thing I look for in a good book is practical examples. And this book has some good ones. It goes from UI layout (User Interface), 2D graphics, Audio/Video, Data storage, Internet, GPS, SQL (database managment), and even OpenGL 3D.

It dosn't get too deep into anyone one subject but that keeps the book light and easy to understand. And once you've compleated the book you'll know enough to be able to look things up via google's Android database and understand them.

nayaka.ravikumar likes this.
  5. Goooooooooogle

Goooooooooogle Well-Known Member

If anyone here does know a decent amount, contributing to the Android Wiki would be greatly appreciated and would help people out in the future :)