What is Best Location/Wipe App?General

Last Updated:

1. Yosef

Yosef Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm wanting to install a location App that will remotely locate my Eris and also can wipe the data from it. I've heard of:

Mobile Defense
    Lookout
    Wavesecure
    Where's My Droid

What's the best and why?

Advertisement
  2. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

I haven't tried all of them, but I like Mobile Defense because it is completely free and it is very accurate. You have several options of finding your phone whether you just want to locate it or if you have really lost it and need to wipe it. It is also great for finding it if you lose it around the house and left it on vibrate because Mobile Defense wakes it up in any state except phone off. Make sure to install this on your significant others' phone(s), so that you can set off the car alarm on them in the most inopportune moment. You will laugh your ass off and they will want to kill you. :D

3. Yosef

Yosef Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Do you need to leave the GPS on for remote tracking on non-rooted phones? If so, what about battery life?

4. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

You don't need to leave the GPS on. If you need to locate your phone using a program like this, the program will turn on the GPS.

5. varkie

varkie Well-Known Member

you can't fing the phone without gps being enabled. it only comes on as aps access it. i have mobile defense and my gps turned on and my battery lasts pretty much all day. i have to recharge it by about 7 pm.