What is comparable?

Last Updated:

1. SrRealist

SrRealist Member This Topic's Starter

Purchased the CDMA HTC hero from Alltel, and as it turns out, with the purchase of Alltel by AT&T ill be getting new equipment, free of charge, comparable to what i have.

this kinda worries me. what is AT&T going to consider comparable? what range of specs will they look at to determine what device i get? display size, processor, etc..

or is it simply the price range?

i dont expect you guys to be able to answer all those questions, but i hope you understand my concern and any information would be of great help.

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

so you're going to end up with a GSM phone run on AT&T? The HTC Aria might be comparable, or close enough that you wouldn't have to pay too much more to get it.

3. SrRealist

Thanks for the reply. Based on the specs or the Aria, I see no reason why of have to pay extra. They are almost identical as far as specs, minus 30 lb of memory. It also lacks the trackball.

What would you say the likelyhood is of me asking for say a Samsung Captivate and paying whatever difference there is?

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Aria has the optical trackball IIRC.

If you are going to stick with AT&T, try for the Captivate. IMO, it's the best android phone they currently have.

5. nellisere

nellisere Well-Known Member

hey, if its going to be comparable, surely the gsm hero would be perfect?

6. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

Are you sure Alltell is being purchased by AT&T? Here in AZ the Alltell stores have turned into Verizon stores. And a friend with Alltell confirmed that.. :confused: This might even make more sense, as both Alltell and Verizon use CDMA. Maybe it is different in different parts of the country???

7. SrRealist

heard it straight from the horses mouth, that is, from a salesperson at an Alltel branch.

8. mhhurst

mhhurst New Member

Verizon did in fact purchase Alltel. But there are certain parts of the purchased Alltel network that Verizon has to divest (sell). Those areas were determined by some judge and AT&T is the purchaser of those divested area's in most if not all cases. I'm a Alltel customer and my area is converting to Verizon in the next 12-15 month's. But friends of mind that live in the next country over have received notice that they will be moved to AT&T as theirs is an area that was divested and sold to AT&T. I guess the upside is those that have AT&T will get closer to that laughable coverage numbers they boast in their commercials. :p

Hope this helps clear this up.

JB in AZ likes this.