What is considered a good amount of free memory?Support

Last Updated:

1. bosox2k1

bosox2k1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When i open up autokiller and see I have 130mb free, im happy....but really down and go on a killing spree (figuratively of course) when i see it below 100..

with that said, what is considered a good amount of free memory for this phone?at what threshold should i start to tinker or worry more? is 70mb free plenty?etc etc

Advertisement
  2. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member

I usually had around 70 on my Eris.

I generally have about 150-200 free on my X. Although i have an Auto Task-Killer.

I would say anything about 50 is plenty.

bosox2k1 likes this.
  3. dookie1

dookie1 Well-Known Member

RAM is there to use. if an app needs a bunch (for cache or whatever), let it go. unused RAM is wasted space, eh? android has excellent managment...if you start a new app that needs more than there is, something else will cough it up,

4. Garrett67

Garrett67 Well-Known Member

5. Grad

Grad Well-Known Member

Yep, that was a great read. I had my ATK set to auto-kill every 2 hours and didn't like it at all. Now I only use it when my phone bogs down, which is probably because one of my apps was having issues and bringing the overall performance down with it. Much happier now, and my battery life is quite good.

6. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

7. LogicX

LogicX Member

8. john0821

john0821 Well-Known Member

I have ATK, and I don't monitor my apps all that much. I basically only use it before I go sleep to kill all tasks that don't need to be running, and when I find the phone lagging due to an app. ATK is fine in that regard and doesn't drain the battery as others might assume. Otherwise, it is perfectly fine to use your memory. The OS is pretty efficient aside from buggy apps.