• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What is "Data Roam Guard"?

I was looking at the mobile network settings on my EVO and saw an option called Data Roam Guard. What does that do, prevent me from using data while roaming? I have the unlimited plan, so I don't care about roaming charges; do I check this box or unchecked it?

Data Roam Guard -
Depending on service availability and roaming agreements, your device may be able to access data services while roaming on certain digital systems. You can set your device to alert you when you are roaming off the Nationwide Sprint Network and try to use data services such as messaging.

I leave my unchecked so I don't need to confirm that I know I am roaming. I think there is a 400-500MB data limit per month on roaming, so if you are worried about that then you may want to keep an eye on your usage, but I think that number would be near impossible to hit unless you are constantly roaming and using large amounts of data.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones