• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is everyone's goto meal?

Beer and pretzels. JK

My fav quick meal is Cajun red beans and rice with blackened adoulie sausage. Huge fan of chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes and gravy. Anything smoked or grilled works well however. Love fish.. baked or fried. Try some boiled shrimp, white rice, bell pepper, and caulaflower... toss in some mayo and lemon pepper for something different.

Reactions: argedion
Upvote 0
Steak . . . rare. Very rare. We are talking "a good vet mght be able to revive the steak" rare. Baked Potatoe with butter, chives and sour cream. Asparigus, rolls, black coffee. Perhaps a few glazed carrots.

Cigars and a good scotch after, but before the pie.

Did I mention the pie? Any pie as long as it is not fruit. We are talking chocolate cream or banana cream.

Raw oysters make me feel better. I also love a good smoked eel. Ever had eel? Grand indeed.

Upvote 0
catpick.jpg

as in a wood chipper:thinking::D:thinking::D

Upvote 0
An easy recipe that I love to make is twice baked potatoes. Bake the potatoes for about an hour, slice the top quarter off, and scoop out the guts to make potato boats. Mix the potato guts with butter, sour cream, a little salt, cheddar cheese, and shredded bacon. Scoop it back into the potato shells, and then bake them for about 20 more minutes. Voila! I can give the exact recipe if anyone's interested :)

Another easy dish to make is a stromboli. My girlfriend and I make them without sauce, she just calls it "pepperoni bread." Buy a package of pizza dough, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni. Roll the dough out flat into a rough circle with a rolling pin (make sure to put flour down to prevent sticking), then layer cheese and pepperoni liberally. From the edge, roll it up, and put it onto an oiled pan. We like to sprinkle some garlic powder and oregano on the roll before baking it. Needs about a half hour in the oven.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones