1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

What is everyone's goto meal?

1. joeman137

joeman137 New Member

Hello everyone!

I was just wondering what everyone's goto meal was. I've been trying to shake up my diet but I'm running empty on ideas :(.

My goto:
    Salsa Meat (really stupid simple)
    Ground Lean Turkey
    Salsa
    White Rice
    Green Peas
    (Sometimes Veggies)

Advertisement
    :
  2. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog Moderator

don't really have a "GOTO" meal but if there is a favorite dish then it would be something like shrimp jambalaya which we love here.
  3. Plaigh

Plaigh Well-Known Member

Mine is anything high in calories & unhealthy cuz it always taste best.
    Kamau likes this.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Peking duck.
    Malatang.
    Mongolian blood sausage.
  5. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Beer and pretzels. JK

My fav quick meal is Cajun red beans and rice with blackened adoulie sausage. Huge fan of chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes and gravy. Anything smoked or grilled works well however. Love fish.. baked or fried. Try some boiled shrimp, white rice, bell pepper, and caulaflower... toss in some mayo and lemon pepper for something different.
    argedion likes this.
  6. SirSpace

SirSpace Well-Known Member

I'm going with crab legs baby or Italian my uncle make a good supadapesh its so good. Shrimp mussels clams and some other stuff in a wine sauce omfg
  7. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

if i hve the time i love to make beef stew. thats my comfort food.
  8. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

I usually add shrimp, chicken & turkey sausage in mine...umm umm good!
  9. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

Fried peppers and onions. Also Chile Verde.
  10. B2L

B2L Well-Known Member

I'm surprised no one has said steak. Nothing makes me feel better than having a good ribeye, with a garlic bearnaise butter and some horseradish mashed potatoes. Some home made bruschetta as an appetizer and a good hefeweizen to go along with it.
  11. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Well-Known Member

Steak . . . rare. Very rare. We are talking "a good vet mght be able to revive the steak" rare. Baked Potatoe with butter, chives and sour cream. Asparigus, rolls, black coffee. Perhaps a few glazed carrots.

Cigars and a good scotch after, but before the pie.

Did I mention the pie? Any pie as long as it is not fruit. We are talking chocolate cream or banana cream.

Raw oysters make me feel better. I also love a good smoked eel. Ever had eel? Grand indeed.
  12. joeman137

joeman137 New Member

I know it's not very imaginative, but a nice cheesy pizza slice always brings me to state of zen.

I love all these suggestion, I might just get a giant cauldron and mix everything up, I see no way that this plan could back fire :D
  13. Kamau

Kamau Well-Known Member

Fried Chicken wings, banana pudding and orange kool-aid.

Ambrosia, Pure Ambrosia.
  14. Wilkas

Wilkas Well-Known Member

Since I was a kid it's been Pizza, if I didn't have a health obsessed better half I'd probably eat it every day :D I like most variations, even had proper italian ones with an egg on the top but my favourite is a hotshot: ham, pepperoni, onions, mushrooms and jalape
  15. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

Mexican food. :eating:

No one particular item, just all of it really. :p
  16. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

Chipper
  17. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

18. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken Chipper is what they call fish & chips in Ireland. :stupido2::p
    ocnbrze likes this.
  19. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

Spaghetti for me.
  20. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Grecian Chicken Salad.
  21. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Two words: Five Guys. :D
    Edit: looks like lots of pizza fanatics in here. If you're ever in DC I'm happy to hook you up with a great pie or slice.
  22. wyndslash

wyndslash Well-Known Member

spaghetti with some sugar :)
  23. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

Yep its like an italian that does fish chips pizza burgers and more.
  24. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

An easy recipe that I love to make is twice baked potatoes. Bake the potatoes for about an hour, slice the top quarter off, and scoop out the guts to make potato boats. Mix the potato guts with butter, sour cream, a little salt, cheddar cheese, and shredded bacon. Scoop it back into the potato shells, and then bake them for about 20 more minutes. Voila! I can give the exact recipe if anyone's interested :)

Another easy dish to make is a stromboli. My girlfriend and I make them without sauce, she just calls it "pepperoni bread." Buy a package of pizza dough, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni. Roll the dough out flat into a rough circle with a rolling pin (make sure to put flour down to prevent sticking), then layer cheese and pepperoni liberally. From the edge, roll it up, and put it onto an oiled pan. We like to sprinkle some garlic powder and oregano on the roll before baking it. Needs about a half hour in the oven.
  25. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

A few that are favorites in my family - Breakfast (Pancakes, Bacon, Eggs, Cheese Grits), Chicken Pot Pie (From scratch), Pasta with Chicken, Carmelized Onions, and a blue cheese sauce, Ravioli with a Cajun cream sauce and shrimp. Oh, and pizza.