What is flash , Odin and Root ? Android System 88% Battery Status

Last Updated:

1. Zino_BeholdII

Zino_BeholdII Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am sorry to ask , but I am really new to all of this . I just got my Behold II with android 1.6 on it.

I don't understand what is root the phone , flash the phone using ODIN to save battery .

Also my phone rightnow when I check the battery information , it said " Android system 88% of battery" " Phone Standon 6% " , Is this because the new Android 1.6 making my battery drainning so fast because rightnow I am using with a little of playing around , WIFI , and then I turn off the WIFI again , the battery still didn't last for at least 24 hours . I didn't making too much calling also .

Please help .
    Thanks for all of your helpful information .

Advertisement
  2. psz

psz Well-Known Member

Root means to give "Root Access" to the phone (Think "Administrator", but more powerful)

ODIN is the program used to "Flash" software to the phone.

Flashing means to overwrite the core of the phone's software with new software

The battery 88% for "Android System" just means that 88% of the battery total usage is by the core system.

Whether you get 5 hours or 50 hours of battery life, that % probably won't change TOO much, as the Android System usually uses the most.

Zino_BeholdII likes this.
  3. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

Not completely true. Yes the system uses the most, but should not be that high unless you your phone is not properly sleeping all the time. Mine looks like this:
    android system 62%, phone standby 7%, maps 10%, voice calls 15%, 6% browser

4. megabiteg

megabiteg Well-Known Member

Now are you saying that you purchased a brand new BH2 and it came with factory 1.6 on it? or was it a second hand used phone?

5. Zino_BeholdII

Zino_BeholdII Active Member This Topic's Starter

So how do we put the phone in sleeping mode again ?

6. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

Press the lock button then wait a few min and press the menu key if nothing happens it's asleep if the screen lights up it's not. Usually a reboot will help if you are having sleeping issues. It's less of an issue with the twiz roms but still happens sometimes. Happens much much more on the galaxy roms

Zino_BeholdII likes this.