• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What is Footprints?

You need to take the picture using the Footprints app, then it'll be stored in Footprints.

It will use a small amount of data, because when one's taken a picture using Footprints, the phone will query Google's database to find out the address of the location, and (if I recall correctly) show it on a map. If you have roaming data turned off it should still work OK, just not log the address. The picture stays stored on the phone, it's not uploaded to a server.

Reactions: JohnJSal
Upvote 0
Footprints associates photos with places you visited, in order to create your own personal numeric travel diary, that you can share online.
Let's say you're off on vacations in Egypt, you've visited 20 different places in 2 weeks, with Footprints you can make a personal map to remember where each monument is located, etc.

Where do you go to access it online? I think this app sounds awesome and can't wait to test it out!

Upvote 0
Hi all,
Just joined here today after looking for information about footprints.
On a recent long European trip, I took a footprints picture each morning. Because I had no data connection, no map was showing at the time I took the picture, but the GPS coordinates were recorded.
Back at home, I now see the maps associated with each picture - so data use is not always a consideration.

Now I'd like to plot the trip on a map but don't know where to upload the info to do that. Does anyone have suggestions?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones