1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

What is going on with my phone!!Support

1. peter7769

peter7769 Well-Known Member

Hi Folks
    i have followed the guide about moving apps to the sd card uisng the guide on this site, everything went according to plan and i happily started transfering my apps to the card.

But when i download apps some go straight to the sd card as the guide says they should do, but some go to the internal memory and i have to transfer them manually!

But it gets stranger, i had 42mb left on my internal storage so i downloaded google earth, it went on to the internal memory, that left me with 22mb, i then transfered it to the sd card but im now only showing 27mb of internal storage, whats happened to the other 27mb, it seems like its installed twice yet when i look at the application it shows its installed on the sd card??

i have also explained this in the guide post but wanted to know if anyone else has got any ideas as this is baffling me :(

Pete

Advertisement
  2. LECTER

LECTER Well-Known Member

Have you rebooted your phone yet? (turn off and back on)
  3. peter7769

Yes i have, and took the battery out just for good measure :D
  4. LECTER

LECTER Well-Known Member

5. peter7769

Sorry i should have said i have that installed already.

Have just had another go.

Had 27.15mb of internal left, installed a game that was 2.40mb, it went on to the internal memory, i then transfered it to the sd card, rebooted the phone and the internal is now showing 26.61 so im losing internal space with ever app in install, although this wasnt as bad as when i installed google earth.

another question, like i said this game was 2.40mb, yet when i go in to applications, then on to SD card, the game shows as being 488kb, why is this??

Thanks

Pete