What is going on with my texts and emails?

Last Updated:

1. mike208

mike208 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have had a couple of issues since getting my evo and I was hoping this wonderful community could help me out once more. It is actually 2 separate issues that are kind of related.

First, I just heard from my girlfriends sister today that she got an email from me, but it looks like it was sent as a text. I don't recall sending her an email(I don't even have her email address, aside from the fact that it may be linked through facebook) or a text about the subject that it referenced. The reason she thought it was me is because the email address it said it came from was my first and last name, followed by a number @ sprint.pm.com or maybe it was pm.sprint.com. Did sprint assign me an email address that I don't know about? Or did someone else with my same name somehow randomly email her?

Secondly I was replying to a text the other day and somehow inadvertently sent the reply to approximately 10-15 random people in my contacts. It was a bit embarrassing as the subject of the text had to do with my sons last bowel movement, lol. So I would obviously like to avoid this in the furture, but I have no idea how I did it. To add a bit more detail, I am using Handcent for my text messages, and while typing replies on occasion I have noticed a box popping up that says quick search. I am not sure if that is the cause of it going to multiple people, nor am I sure what I am doing to keep it popping up on occasion. I assume it is some combination of keys I am pressing or possibly a gesture that I don't realize I am doing.

But please, any help you can provide to these problems would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I did notice before I got my case that I hit the Search button repeatedly with my right index finger while trying to type in landscape. That may be why the quick search came up.

3. mike208

I was about to ask what search button you were talking about, cause I didn't have one on my keyboard. But the light just clicked, that I am probably hitting one of the actual buttons on the bottom/side of the phone, which I am guessing is the search button you are talking about. Wow,talk about a brain fart. I still wonder if that somehow allowed me to add random contacts to a text message. Because I did nothing really out of the ordinary when sending that text. I don't have any groups set up, so I don't understand how it went to so many people nor how it chose what people it decided to send it to.

4. mike208

Any other thoughts?