What is going on?

Last Updated:

1. milellie111

milellie111 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just got a replacement refurbished droid a couple of days ago.im wondering why i am getting one bar on 3G signal alot of times.it seems like the reception/signal is a little flaky.my buddy just bought a brand new droid yesterday and he has the same thing a lot of times with just one 3G bar where ive seen other google phones with 3 or 4 bars.is there a solution to this?

Advertisement
  2. DapCorderman

DapCorderman Well-Known Member

3. BenDroid

BenDroid Well-Known Member

It seems that since the Droid came out, there has always been a some of those "not-so-perfect" devices out there. The first Droid that I got was brand new but there was a major problem with the proximity sensor. The second one I got was fine. So, there might be a chance that you have a phone with a poor radio. I would say just get up with Verizon and get another phone sent to you.

4. rb240z

rb240z Active Member

did you try *228 option 2?

5. milellie111

Yes,i tried that,but it doesnt do anything. Yesterday, i had another buddy with a droid stand right next to me and he maintained 4 bars while i only had 1. I yanked the battery out and then my bars went up. But today its the same old stuff. Is this hardware related or software because of the 2.1 update?

6. DapCorderman

DapCorderman Well-Known Member

My reason for asking you to post in http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/61567-declining-reception.html was because, as it is now, I call Verizon about twice a week about the issue and point them to that thread. I know they look as I have had one tech read while on the phone. It might be more helpful to keep it all in one place an
    d get noticed.

7. milellie111