What is it that I want

Last Updated:

1. Matt Scars

Matt Scars New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so first off. I'm rooted with Fresh 1.1 and Gumbo and my problem is that I LOVE the HTC Sense stuff.. Like the Clock with the Weather and The Calender and the "Favorites" Thing (Where you can make it pretty much speed dial)

And I also know its a memory HOG, What could I download that would be similar to these apps that will not destroy battery life or eat away at my ram.

** Edit, I would also like to know how to make my "Notification Area" not clear. I don't like that. AT ALL.

On a side not, I've been lurking this forum for a while now, and I appreciate everything that everyone has done to make this forum exactly what everyone needs. Good Job Guys Keep up the good work. Also, I'm very sorry I lurked for so long and never signed up. :)

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

With Fresh/Gumbo, the sense stuff shouldn't be slowing your phone down much. It shouldn't even be noticeable with gumbo on.

Also, with gumbo and SetCPU, you shouldn't have to worry about your battery life much. You should be able to get a full day out of it, minimum

3. Matt Scars

Matt Scars New Member This Topic's Starter

Nice, Just what I needed to know.
    I've been doing all of the reading with SETCPU and all.. Do I just click on the "HTC HERO / (what ever else)" And just leave the default settings on?

4. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

yup, click HTC HERO, and you can set the max to as high as it will go (528), and the low end can go as low as 160. Most leave it at 245, mine's at 260. I checked "set on boot", because otherwise I think you'd have to turn SetCPU back on every time you reboot.