What is JIT?

1. texas83

texas83 Well-Known Member

I searched and searched, can read little items here and there, but don't get it.

What is JIT?

How do I enable it for my Hero?

Please post links!

I have Fresh 2.3.3 with DarchKernel786, OC'd to 768. I've read that JIT makes the HERO much faster and I would love that! Thanks for the help!

Advertisement
  2. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

JIT stands for "Just in time". What JIT does is, on launching an app, it takes a look at the code and says "well, I see what you're trying to do here but this way is much faster and lighter on the phone's resources and battery". At this point it requires Android 2.2, if you are using a custom ROM then the chef of said ROM will have to include it in their build.

It is, for sure, one hell of a step for Google; unfortunately dated phones, including the Hero still running stock ROMs, are left in the cold on this one.
  3. texas83

texas83 Well-Known Member

I flashed the JIT.zip file, but then I dont know what to do next.

The instructions say:
    To Enable JIT, flash the attachment from recovery, then when you boot up, go into terminal, SU, then enter jit-on

How do i go in to "terminal"? I just rebooted my phone and then went to Super User, but there is not option for JIT on or off? HELP!
  4. tannerw_2010

tannerw_2010 Well-Known Member

Download a terminal emulator from the market, I believe
  5. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

Use a terminal emulator from the market, fyi, jit is actually a bit more resourse intensive as it uses a good bit more ram for everything and causes general system instability for most (including myself). If you get random reboots and freezes, don't ask what's wrong, just disable it.