Last Updated:

1. Shofar

Shofar Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What are all the .mail files?

Do we need them?

Advertisement
  2. OvenCh1pZ

OvenCh1pZ Member

i would like to know this too, its on my sd card an i like to be in complete control of it :D

3. DUTCH7788

DUTCH7788 New Member

1 st problem After one month I could not receive emails from any third party email accounts. I worked with sprint and they replaced my phone 2 times. The last tim I purchased a 16 gig sd card and my third phone starting working Receiving the other four emails beside gmail always worked. I then through the USB copied the .mail folder from my old SD card and then the problem reacured. I then looked at the contents on the .mail folder on my new SD card and had 15,000 files. I then deleated all of them not the .mail folder itself. Then all of my emails worked. But all the attachments that were in my existing emails were gone. So one by one I deleated all my emails and cleared there trash folders. Then I stsrted over. everthing worked fine. What I beleive happens when you delete your emails the program does not remove their attachments.

Second problem All of asudden I could not conect to the gmail from my phone or from my computer to my phone to update my contacts. One day my wife was looking at my settings in the applications, manage applications, alll. she selected the mail and chose clear data this removed all of my email accounts. What occured was we shut off the phone turned it back on and I went from 8% memory to 67% . I then re-entered my 5 email accdounts and my memory is still @ 66%. This was a mistake that appears to have fixed my memory problem. Hope this helps.
    Please email me your answers to albert@optrix.net if this helps you.
    Cheers
    Albert