• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is MIN in Phone Status?

That is strange, however mine is the same as my phone number.

I'd like to know what the "MIN" stands for? Have Googled it along with every term I can think of but it doesn't show up. I really don't think I got a used phone...the protective plastic was over the front and back and there's not a mark on it. Build week is 42/09 so it's latest batch...and it has no problems that I've found yet, including the battery door is very secure and the four metal prongs are not bent.

Upvote 0
Strange. I called the number (it's a VZW number with the same prefix as mine)...the guy said he was a VZW customer but he never purchased a Droid. I'm calling my local store in the morning and I'll post back whatever I find.

I'm interested in what they tell you.

Mine is different from my number too. Looked it up and it was some dude's home phone number who lives 200 miles from me.

Interesting...:thinking:

EDIT: I would like to add that I know for sure my Droid is brand new. I watched it being stocked, and I bought it at midnight on 11/6. There must be an explanation for this, heh.

Upvote 0
I'm interested in what they tell you.

Mine is different from my number too. Looked it up and it was some dude's home phone number who lives 200 miles from me.

Interesting...:thinking:

EDIT: I would like to add that I know for sure my Droid is brand new. I watched it being stocked, and I bought it at midnight on 11/6. There must be an explanation for this, heh.

I know the manager at our local store...hopefully he'll have an answer tomorrow.

Upvote 0
This has absolutely nothing to do with your equipment!!! I actually dont remember EXACTLY what it is, but it's just another way verizon identifies your phone for network purposes. I BELIEVE if you have an original VZW phone number, it will be the same as your phone number, but may be different if you ported from another carrier or changed your number.

I'm fuzzy on the details right now, but I can tell you FOR SURE that it has NOTHING to do with the status of your equipment (i.e., new or used). I will post more after I research it at work tomorrow.

Upvote 0
Cool beans.

But why do some people have MINs matching their numbers, and others don't?
I use to work for vzw tech support, the MIN is pretty much the routing number, the MIN is more important to the network team then the MDN which is the telephone number, my MIN and # use to be the same, but when I ported my number my MIN change to the carrier I was changing to...

Upvote 0
I use to work for vzw tech support, the MIN is pretty much the routing number, the MIN is more important to the network team then the MDN which is the telephone number, my MIN and # use to be the same, but when I ported my number my MIN change to the carrier I was changing to...

My numbers don't match and I've had my Verizon number for over 10 years. It's never changed or been ported anywhere. Oh, well...I just wanted to make sure I didn't have a returned phone, and I think they don't do that, anyway. Returned phones have to be sent back and then sold as reconditioned (I think)...you probably know better than I do.

Upvote 0
Yea it is not reconditioned, unless it says it is, but I am not sure what the store do when they get phones returned, they suppose to return them back to the warehouse, but who knows never worked in the store, but if the MIN was wrong you would know about it, because you will pretty much not be able to do anything, voice or data... If you do *228 that what programs the correct info in your phone...

Upvote 0
Yea it is not reconditioned, unless it says it is, but I am not sure what the store do when they get phones returned, they suppose to return them back to the warehouse, but who knows never worked in the store, but if the MIN was wrong you would know about it, because you will pretty much not be able to do anything, voice or data... If you do *228 that what programs the correct info in your phone...

Thanks! Another Droid mystery solved :)

Upvote 0
This has absolutely nothing to do with your equipment!!! I actually dont remember EXACTLY what it is, but it's just another way verizon identifies your phone for network purposes. I BELIEVE if you have an original VZW phone number, it will be the same as your phone number, but may be different if you ported from another carrier or changed your number.

I'm fuzzy on the details right now, but I can tell you FOR SURE that it has NOTHING to do with the status of your equipment (i.e., new or used). I will post more after I research it at work tomorrow.

interesting... Mine are the same and my number was generated new from verizon about 7 years ago. The porting/forwarding makes sense as an explanation.

Upvote 0
interesting... Mine are the same and my number was generated new from verizon about 7 years ago. The porting/forwarding makes sense as an explanation.

Everything makes sense, now. Even though I've had my number for over 10 years, I recall now porting it over to AT&T for a brief 29-day stint with an iPhone, but then came back to Verizon. The MIN number is a Verizon number, though, and not one I've ever had.

It's enough to know that it's not equipment related...and the phone is working flawlessly, so I'll leave well enough alone :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones