• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is "My Calendar", "My Tasks", "Contacts birthdays"?

bobby2478

Android Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2011
MN
When selecting calendars to display, in addition to selecting my Google account calendars, and my Samsung account calendars, There are options for the following:

My Calendar
My Tasks
Contacts' Birthdays

Curious what these are if they aren't associated with either your Google or Samsung account? Are these stored locally on your device? If so, any idea how these get populated?

When I had both my Google Contacts' birthdays set to display, in addition to "Contacts' Birthdays", I saw duplicate birthday reminders.

When selecting calendars to display, in addition to selecting my Google account calendars, and my Samsung account calendars, There are options for the following:

My Calendar
My Tasks
Contacts' Birthdays

Curious what these are if they aren't associated with either your Google or Samsung account? Are these stored locally on your device? If so, any idea how these get populated?

When I had both my Google Contacts' birthdays set to display, in addition to "Contacts' Birthdays", I saw duplicate birthday reminders.

Same here!!! I'm trying to figure it out also because the duplicate entries are bugging me and I really want to know why.

Anybody?

~Maria

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones