What is my msl ?Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyrus441

cyrus441 Member

Any developer out there or someone able to get msl with out contacting there carrier as some of us are unable to. It so seems that all apps available through the app store do not work as well as past efforts in retrieving the MSL that were once successful no longer work. I hope this thread could open a discussion to resolute this.:confused:

Advertisement
    :
  2. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :) Guide

Welcome to AF and the Note 3 Forum, cyrus441! :)

Wish I could help you out there. Calling the carrier was going to be my suggestion. :(

Perhaps there is another way, but I don't know it. I think the only app I used to get it required root...
  3. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

I didn't realize the MSL apps wouldn't work on these phones but you're right. I just tried a few and none worked. There may not be another way to get it besides calling the carrier.
    dustwun77 likes this.
  4. cyrus441

cyrus441 Member

My phone is rooted all attempts that do not require calling the carrier do not work nothing works its been stressing me out that I can't figure out how to pull the msl like I said calling the carrier is not a option for me =( its a bad esn
  5. Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner Well-Known Member

What is "MSL"?
  6. mosleynormal

mosleynormal Member

Master Subsidy Lock in mobile phones. The MSL is usually a 6-digit code programmed by the service provider into a device to prevent its reprogramming for other providers.
    LilianTepes likes this.
  7. Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner Well-Known Member

Right. Doesn't affect me apart from region lock as I didn't buy my phone off a service provider in the first place.
  8. cyrus441

cyrus441 Member

Anyone know a meid/writable that effectively works with this phone the Note 3 or able to retrieve the msl or spc with success with contacting the network. Qxdm is no longer working as writing the meid/esn is not sticking it reverts back to its old esn/meid
  9. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Hey Cyrus, I'm going to have to lock this thread as it is in violation of our community guidelines. Drop me a PM if you have any questions. Thanks!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.