what is nandroid backup?Support

1. dj.GETAFIX

dj.GETAFIX Well-Known Member

i have titanium backup, but what is nandroid and if i need to re-install both
    what do each do in the way of backups??
    main reason i ask is because my phone went into a boot-loop again today..
    its ok now but if i need to flash the rom to get it working another time id like to have a backup of passwords and settings for email and facebook accounts to save the hasstle of putting in again..

Advertisement
    :
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Nandroid is the backup via clockwork recovery (say if you rooted using unrevoked for example).

From off, Vol Down + Power, select recovery with vol buttons to navigate and power to select. At red triangle press vol up + power.

Nandroid is a complete snapshot of your phone EXACTLY how it is when you take it. Always take one before you flash a new rom. Even if you cant boot to android, you can restore this from recovery.

If you have to wipe before installing a new rom, titanium will rstore apps and settings.
    dj.GETAFIX likes this.
  3. dj.GETAFIX

dj.GETAFIX Well-Known Member

thanks...
    tried but i never got the red triangle???
    in clockworkmod recovery i did a backup... is this the same??
    thanks for your help
  4. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Yes, the "backup" in clockworkmod recovery is a nandroid backup (the first 7 words of danfrance's post :)). If you watch while it's going on you should see the word "nandroid" on the screen somewhere.

The backup files are written to a folder in /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup, if you want to check that it's there - you should see a folder named after the date/time you performed the backup, and containing a number of img files (some of them quite large).

(I'm using clockworkmod 2.5.0.7, and information above is correct for my Device - I simply assume it's not very different with other versions)