• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is new in Froyo for Desire?!

When I access the market, my downloads tab is empty, did anyone else try it? The phone is unlocked, never rooted, I installed a couple off-market apps, that's it. Also, where is flash 10.1, it doesn't show up in the market? Please help...

EDIT : well, the market got back to normal after a while, but still no flash 10.1 anywhere...

Upvote 0
When I access the market, my downloads tab is empty, did anyone else try it? The phone is unlocked, never rooted, I installed a couple off-market apps, that's it. Also, where is flash 10.1, it doesn't show up in the market? Please help...

Only paid apps show up.

Flash 10.1 is already on the phone. You can test it by playing a clip in the browser off the bbc website :)

Upvote 0
I HATE the fact that there's a multi language button on the main keyboard...would be more useful for most if they put an button to go to emoticons not another language...i only use the one, so it's a complete waste of space!

Personally I'm loving the option to toggle between keyboards, AND not to mention dictionaries! Brilliant that HTC decided to bundle it all in. I sms in two languages and write in three, so, yes, it's useful for quite a lot of us. But liking your idea for a emoticon button as well, though. :)

Upvote 0
I was just wondering if anyone has noticed that they (HTC) seem to have missed out the froyo bluetooth voice dialling feature? This is present is many of the hacked roms out there as well as the official (Vanilla) Nexus One release.

This was one of the major feature improvements I was looking forward to in 2.2 and as such has left me a little dissapointed! :thinking:

This has annoyed me somewhat too. Looks like I will have to install a custom ROM for this :rolleyes:

Reactions: jamsh
Upvote 0
Personally I'm loving the option to toggle between keyboards, AND not to mention dictionaries! Brilliant that HTC decided to bundle it all in. I sms in two languages and write in three, so, yes, it's useful for quite a lot of us. But liking your idea for a emoticon button as well, though. :)

Found first bug with my multi-language keyboard... When using Russian keyboard instead of spacing it types "!"... don't know what to do...

Upvote 0
Has anyone noticed that the automatic text reflow has been changed to a double tap function, just zoom in and tap, it works great, this is truly the best solution for reading text on the web, great job HTC; but still no bookmark folders in browser...

EDIT: well, apparently it only works when zooming in, when zooming out, it reflows back automatically; anyone?

Upvote 0
I was just wondering if anyone has noticed that they (HTC) seem to have missed out the froyo bluetooth voice dialling feature? This is present is many of the hacked roms out there as well as the official (Vanilla) Nexus One release.

This was one of the major feature improvements I was looking forward to in 2.2 and as such has left me a little dissapointed! :thinking:

+1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones