• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is nmstracking ?

piyush11

Lurker
Jun 8, 2014
In the SD card one gets to see the 'nmstracking' folder. Anybody has any idea about what the folder is? The folder is full of innumerable .log files. What are these? There functionality? I'm kinda confused as deleting them causes no effect to my phones functionality. The .log files keep coming back. Any basic idea anybody?

Try opening the log files in a text editor to see what's inside them.

Most of the important looking stuff on the SD card can be removed with no effect on the phone's functionality. I'm not saying you should go on a deleting spree, but just don't be surprised when you delete something on the card and nothing breaks. I recommend renaming or moving instead of deleting when you don't know what something is but you think you want it gone...then if stuff breaks, you can rename or move it back.

Reactions: piyush11
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones