What is OTA?General

Last Updated: 2012-08-12 05:12:54
  1. pastorjosh

pastorjosh Member

I see a lot of post talking about OTA. What exactly is it? Does it have something to do with software? If so how do I know if I am running the latest version? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. SpikedRed

SpikedRed Active Member

OTA stands for O.ver T.he A.ir and yes, it does have to do with software. Sometimes when you have a smartphone, like a Thunderbolt, there are updates to your phone which consists of installing software via the OTA.

Here are some terminologies here:

http://androidforums.com/thunderbolt-all-things-root/353591-how-some-root-terminology.html

Please know that these terminologies aren't all applicable towards you as you may or may not be a person who wishes to toy with their phone. It does however, give a lot of information to terminologies that people use on occasion.

As to whether or not you're running the latest version of software you would go to: Menu>Settings>Software update>Check new

Also, on knowing if you are running the current software, if you go to: Menu>Settings>About phone>Software information, under the Software number, it should say: 1.70.605.0
    pastorjosh, trapperjohn and scotty85 like this.
  3. markdoc

markdoc Well-Known Member

I'm not arguing, but my software says 2.11.605. How come? I want to learn too.
    Thanks
  4. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

??? How this applies to a phone I'll never know...
  5. kraziejedi

kraziejedi Well-Known Member

that because ur version is now a year later then when he posted his ver. #