what is overclocking and JIT when rooting (sprint) htc hero with google?

Last Updated:

1. natorade93

natorade93 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

what do they do and how do you work with them... what should they be set at?

also look at my other threads because they are all questions about rooting my phone. this is a big process for me right now

Advertisement
  2. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

Not to be funny, but maybe you should be posting these questions in the Sprint HTC Hero rooting section. Sprint Hero - All Things Root - Android Forums

To answer your question, overclocking basically raises the speed of your CPU. A stock Sprint HTC Hero is running at 528 MHz and overclocking would make it higher (or lower if you wanted to save battery power). JIT stands for Just In Time compiling and it speeds up Floating Point operations on your Sprint HTC Hero. In theory it should increase the speed of your handset's software.

3. natorade93

im new to this site and didnt know where to post them all, but i guess someone joined my threads and moved them too so that should be taken care of...

and are these things that you can only change when flashing roms? or can i change them at any time (ex: if i set it too high and want to save battery)

4. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

Yet you posted this new thread in the non-rooting section again. http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc...anogen-mod-6-sprint-cdma-htc-hero-google.html . I am not a thread monitor or anything. I am sure it was just a mistake. ;)

Anyway, I believe many ROMs do have built-in support for overclocking, however, some do not and you would have to install a kernel tweak to enable overclocking of your CPU. As for the JIT, that is definitely in the CyanogenMod 6 ROM, which is an Android 2.2 ROM, and I believe other ROM developers have even backported it to ROMs that are based on Android 2.1. :D

5. natorade93

ok sweet :D thanks for the info. yeah i keep posting all these in the rong ones. idk what goes with rooting and what doesnt. so i keep putting it in the main just in case...