What is peak times in the HTC Email app?

Last Updated:

1. twisted_mind

twisted_mind Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Being my first android, i'm still against the wall configuring my yahoo and gmail on the Desire.
    I am able to download emails when i do a manual refresh, but what exactly are the settings "peak times" and "during" and "off-peak" times?

Currently i've set peak times to 00:00---00:00
    During peak times --- every 15 mins
    Off peak times --- manual

Have UltimateJuice set to enable the apn every 3 mins per hour and also when the screen is on.
    After doing all this, i am only able to receive emails when i manually open the email app and let it refresh :(
    what am i doing wrong?

I dont really need emails all day, i'd love for my yahoo and gmail to download new emails only between 9am-930am everyday. Thats enough for me :confused:
    Someone please help me with the correct settings.

Advertisement
  2. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

if you only want auto emails between 9.00 and 9.30, set your peak times to 9.00 start and 9.30 end and set the peak frequency to every 10 mins.

you only need apn turned on if your accessing mobile data, so you can turn it off after 9.30 and only enable it if you are going to use the web, or some app that requires mobile data, you will still receive phone calls and texts.

3. Banzibarn

Banzibarn Well-Known Member

This peak and off peak thing doesn't work, the phone ignores the peak setting and only checks at the frequency you set in the off peak bit.

So set off peak to the frequency you want but be prepared for it to check at this rate for 24 hours a day!

So for you, if you only want mails in the morning I think you're better off doing a manual refresh.