What Is Really Up?

Last Updated:

1. milellie111

milellie111 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im on my second refurb. When i'm on phone calls and try to end a call, i look at my screen and notice that the phone is lock. When i unlock the phone, i notice that the phone is on the home screen while i am in a call and i have to navigate back to the call. Isn't the phone suppose to stay on a call screen the whole time during a call? The phone also disconnects some of my calls randomly and i just hear a "beep". I use to think it was the other persons phone, but it's not. What is the issue here? My refurb that i sent back last week had a bad proximity sensor. Could this one have the same issue? How is that possible?!!!!:mad:

Advertisement
  2. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

it might just be that they hung up before you did.
    I get that on occasion, some just faster on the draw then I am

3. milellie111

Naw man, i ain't talking about a conversation ending. I'm talking about me being in the middle of a conversation and it just disconnects and i have to call them back.

4. skunkpbguy

skunkpbguy Well-Known Member

Are you removing the phone from your face and your hair maybe hitting the button??

5. watersrules

watersrules Well-Known Member

this could be all it is

my wife's droid was doing the same thing for like the first week or 2, and it was probably due to how it was positioned on her face or finger placement while on the phone..

are you hitting the camera button while talking? that might turn the screen on and your face might be doing the rest.

6. milellie111

Guys, i am holding the phone still on my face. I have short hair so that is not the problem. My previous brand new droid did not do this so i know that it is nothing i am doing. My new Droid had to be returned because of a loose headphone jack that cut in and out on the sound.

7. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

How is the signal in your area? Sounds like you could be dropping calls, you would get a beep if that is the case.

8. milellie111

Reception is fine. 4 bars. This has happened in more than one area.

9. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

The phone itself may have a receiver/radio problem. Sounds like you have to send it back again!

10. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

So when you cover the Prox sensor with your finger does the screen turn off while on a call? Is there a lag when the screen turns off? Because during a call, you can accidentally hit the home button which would explain why the phone locks while on the call. If you are at the home screen, it will not prevent your phone from locking even if your on the call. Also, the position of the phone while using the phone might mess with the prox sensor. I have a friend who uses his phone like this :D/ rather than like :D| or like this :D\. (haha I know, that's a ghetto illustration).

When he uses it like this :D/, sometimes his screen remains on which causes him to hit the end button, the home button and any other button on the phone.

I know it sucks you are having issues. I really hope you can get it straightened out. Good luck.