what is requirred before starting to root

1. dmcd7782

dmcd7782 Active Member

hi everyone I rooted my last phone (unlocked it) my question is if I decide to root my new phone is there a way to create a backup of the phone so that if anything happens I can plug the phone into the computer or if that's not an option I can go to hboot install a back up and this backup will put the phone in a out of the box state and it will also change the status of unlocked or relocked to locked at the same time it does the back up?

thank you

Advertisement
    :
  2. Caro332

Caro332 Well-Known Member

full rom back ups can unfortunately only be done after the rooting is done. It's sort of a catch 22 I guess. But is something ever goes wrong, you do find stock roms on the internet that will restore it to a factory reset.
    You can however backup your contact messages, images, songs...there are a few apps on the ply store that can do that for you.
  3. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

4. dmcd7782

dmcd7782 Active Member

thank you for the replies I'm not worried about my contacts since their connected to my google account and saved. I had a hard time finding the right rom for my phone last time as well as to try to downgrade hboot. if I do the clockworkmod will this also set it up that when I go to this recovery option it also changes unlocked/relocked to locked? do you think I should look up ways of rooting without unlocking it? if that's possible. just looking for a way to have more apps on the sd card

thank you again :p