• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root what is requirred before starting to root

dmcd7782

Dec 4, 2011
hi everyone I rooted my last phone (unlocked it) my question is if I decide to root my new phone is there a way to create a backup of the phone so that if anything happens I can plug the phone into the computer or if that's not an option I can go to hboot install a back up and this backup will put the phone in a out of the box state and it will also change the status of unlocked or relocked to locked at the same time it does the back up?

thank you

full rom back ups can unfortunately only be done after the rooting is done. It's sort of a catch 22 I guess. But is something ever goes wrong, you do find stock roms on the internet that will restore it to a factory reset.
You can however backup your contact messages, images, songs...there are a few apps on the ply store that can do that for you.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
thank you for the replies I'm not worried about my contacts since their connected to my google account and saved. I had a hard time finding the right rom for my phone last time as well as to try to downgrade hboot. if I do the clockworkmod will this also set it up that when I go to this recovery option it also changes unlocked/relocked to locked? do you think I should look up ways of rooting without unlocking it? if that's possible. just looking for a way to have more apps on the sd card

thank you again :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones