1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

What is scrapspace?

1. dougqt

dougqt Member

I have a droid x and i just noticed a folder in my gallery that is called "scrapspace". It shows a thumbnail of a picture with the folder name, but when you click on it a different random picture comes up? Where did it come from and what is it for?

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

its magic, don't mess with it
  3. tdperry

tdperry Well-Known Member

Dang... that's supposed to be hidden folder where all you "naughty" pictures that you take goes and gets sent to a special Picasa account I've set up! :D;):rolleyes:

Sorry, can't be more helpful.. I see from a google search that others apparently have that directory show up and it has some weird photos in it sometimes.
  4. mruno

mruno Well-Known Member

it is most likely a games data directory. It may be named different than any games you have installed since tree developer decides on folder names. Open the folder up on your sd card and snoop around to determine what game or app created it.
  5. OnMy2ndGP

OnMy2ndGP Member

I found this: (which makes sense to me)

• SCRAP_FILE_PATH

public static final String SCRAP_FILE_PATH = "/sdcard/mms/scrapSpace/.temp.jpg"
      This is the scrap file we use to store the media attachment when the user chooses to capture a photo to be attached . We pass {#link@Uri} to the Camera app, which streams the captured image to the uri. Internally we write the media content to this file. It's named '.temp.jpg' so Gallery won't pick it up.
    This was my source - Class: android.provider.Telephony.Mms.ScrapSpace (android/android/5) javadoc api - kiwidoc
    adelma likes this.
  6. thisgirl18

thisgirl18 New Member

This may be a dumb question but what's a uri, and does that mean this picture is uploaded online somewhere? I guess I'm not following what this scrapspace is. But I currently have the same problem, it came out of nowhere.