what is smart network?General

1. lockedandloaded

lockedandloaded New Member

I'm on verizon galaxy s3. I have a process running called smart network everytime I kill it or force stop it starts right back up. Its permissions allow everything imaginable. Does anyone know what this is? And is there anyway to tell for sure if a phone is hacked? I've recently received blank emails as sms. Both fake accounts I believe. The first one was from drfigzsuy@Yahoo.com and the other was iuefx or ieufx @Yahoo.com. any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. jmatherly411

jmatherly411 Well-Known Member

I have to ask, did you buy the phone used or new? If you bought it used did you do a factory reset on the device? Smart network sounds like "Samsung Smart Switch Mobile," does the version number look something like this, 1.0.130423_01. If not can you provide the version number of the app or process that is running?
  3. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

i think it's Smart Network Switch, from the 4.3 update. when it detects that your internet connection through wifi is unstable, or not very fast, it switches automatically to mobile data. i disabled it because i found it very annoying as i'd have to manually reconnect to any wifi networks as it would not switch back, it would just disable the wifi until i went in and reset it. besides, it's gotten this bad habit of declaring just about every internet connection, from the 20Mbps Cable internet at mom's to my own 1Mbps WISP as 'unstable' for unforeseen reasons.