• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what is sooo good about sprint anyway?

Don't forget that Sprint's losing Nextel customers. That's the cost of shutting down that side. Not sure how many of them are government-related. It would be more useful to know that.

Wasn't the whole point of their shutting down Nextel, to convince Nextel corporate subscribers to switch to Android w/ the push to talk capabilities via a Sprint app?

Upvote 0
I have PTT on my plan, but I don't know if that flies for people who liked the old PTT phones.

They were supposed to be going for LTE on that band, but I stopped following whether that got approved or not.

They are rolling out lte in the 800 band. They already have 800 voice coverage active already here in Chicago

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
They are rolling out lte in the 800 band. They already have 800 voice coverage active already here in Chicago

That's interesting since I thought no current device on Sprint has 800MHz compatibility yet. If I'm not mistaken, many (if not all) are bound to 1900MHz for the time being. iDEN hasn't been fully decommissioned yet.

EDIT: Looks like 800MHz devices are thought to roll out later this year. The only current device fully supporting is the iP5. SGS3 supports 1X/EVDO on 800MHz, but not LTE.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones