what is sooo good about sprint anyway?

Last Updated:

1. Zeinzu

Zeinzu Well-Known Member

My bill is $90 after tax and insurance. Single line.

Advertisement
  2. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

Cool, dan. :)

And, good luck with that google text service. It's fast and handy.. hope you can get it working on your phone.
  3. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

Unless you go to metro and pay $55 for unlimited all. If you add lines it's $50 a line so it would be $150 for 3 lines. Taxes and fees included, no corporate discount.
  4. ravenas

ravenas Well-Known Member

Now that T-Mobile's going unlimited data too, it'll make for an interesting contest in the mobile market.

In this corner you have your smaller unlimited data networks...
    They've been declared "dead" and "obsolete" by the industry experts, yet refuse to quit. Sprint has posted a financial loss and totally changed their direction in the broadband wireless sphere (dumping Nextel and Wimax), but their stock went up as financial gurus bet on their "Network Vision" philosophy. Customers rewarded them with the highest marks in customer service just this summer.
    Meanwhile T-Mobile was on the mat, down for the count, about to sell out completely to the heavier fighter AT&T. T-Mo's supporters cried foul but knew their days were numbered. And yet before the Referee could reach 10, the judges came in at the last minute and called a halt to the fight. AT&T may be a champ but T-Mo's lawyers got the better end of the "pay for play" deal. with a cash injection and a boatload of new spectrum, T-Mo is back in the game to win it.

vs.

In this corner we have the reigning spectrum champions Verizon & AT&T.
    You know them best from their former days as Ma Bell, now separate by Federal decree but still acting like kissing cousins/digital clones. They have the nationwide network to spare, but you'll pay for the privilege to use it. Data is capped, phones are loaded with bloat, but hey, you'll always have a signal. Champ AT&T garnered years of success with an exclusive deal to carry the darling of the tech industry (iPhone). Verizon has a phone for every person and animal on Earth. Both hold their customers with grandfathered unlimited data plans even though they'd rather dump those loyal folks in favor of the new "data share" plans. Yes they nickled and dimed their customers for years with texting plans. Now they will do it using Facetime and Twitter.

Who will win? Tune in this time next year.
    jackroo, Seddy and BenChase7 like this.
  5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

The fight wobt be over anytime soon.:p

Positions on the leaderboard may be shuffeled, but there wont be a winner.

I thoroughly enjoyed that post though
  6. SEMIJim

SEMIJim Well-Known Member

The letters "google," as opposed to the dial pad numbers corresponding to "google" (466453)?

Because the text string "google" isn't a valid number?

Jim
  7. SaleenFiend

SaleenFiend Well-Known Member

Which isn't anywhere close to the $150 someone posted above. He prob has some stupid $9.95 recurring charges he hasn't looked into on his book from third party app scams or those texting scams. I get them sometimes and Sprint will credit you and block the charges. I pay less than $100 with my discounts for unlimited everything.
    BenChase7 and kct1975 like this.
  8. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Lol...no way I could explain that to family members I pay for...hahaha...too complicated.
  9. drexappeal

Let's talk when metro isn't roaming on other providers' towers. I'm not really comparing metro, virgin, or any other provider that doesn't use its own towers.
  10. ttprodr

ttprodr Member

I have 5 lines and the 1500min unl data and text,my bill after taxes and 22% corp disc is $233 ,only 3out of the 5 lines got the $10premium data surcharge on.
  11. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

Metro does have it's own towers for their home areas but they do roam on other towers for their extended home area.

I don't see why that would matter though.
  12. drexappeal

It wouldn't, if the amount of towers even equaled t-mobile or sprint, but they don't, so metro doesn't charge for call or data roaming?
  13. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

For extended home area(sprint) no. For travel talk(verizon) yes.
  14. simcha

simcha Well-Known Member

I officially take back anything nice I had to say about Sprint.

I have 3G speeds that aren't even usable. I have a super awesome phone that is completely crippled because Sprint can't and won't get its act together.

Customer service is extremely friendly and incompetent. A Customer Service Supervisor gave me an email address and told me to use it in a browser to access a website to look at towers in my area. She had no clue what a URL was. And she eventually transfered me to some trucking company and never did give me a proper URL. Also my 3G speeds here at work (my original complaint) are still no better than dial-up was circa 1997.

Unlimited data means nothing if you can't even use data. Don't get fooled or tricked into signing a contract for 2 years with a corporation that doesn't care at all about their customers. Sprint couldn't care less about what long-time loyal customers like me are experiencing while they "upgrade" their network. They keep talking about a future time where they will have the best network on the planet. Meanwhile we customers in most markets have seen 3G simply die a slow and agonizing death.

Find out what provider has a network that actually operates as advertized. Pay the price that they ask because it will be worth it. Sprint is cheap and unlimited. The problem is that the service is cheap and the problems on their network are unlimited.

Sometimes you get what you pay for.

Buyer beware.
    3vodroid likes this.
  15. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

Maybe it's non-functional where you live, but that isn't the case everywhere. I think we've all read enough of your relatively long rants to understand your frustration with Sprint.
    msndrstood and BenChase7 like this.
  16. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

Agreed. Hitting 4 or 5+ threads in the same forum, all within minutes of each other with essentially the same rant is a little ridiculous.
    msndrstood likes this.
  17. drexappeal

18. NYCHitman1

19. drexappeal

Just found this article that explains it a 'bit:
    MetroPCS: LTE Could Roam With Verizon, AT&T | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

So, rather than being a "roaming" partner with T-mobile, it'll be under the T-mobile banner. Maybe they split it up similar to how Sprint owns Virgin Mobile and Virgin Mobile is the "pre-paid" branch of Sprint. So MetroPCS gets turned into "T-Metro Pre-paid Mobile"?
  20. SEMIJim

21. drexappeal

That's great, Jim! It'd be a good decision to move over, especially with the merger with Metro on the table, and their bringing back unlimited data (without caps).
  22. NYCHitman1

They have a quality selection of devices too.
  23. SEMIJim

24. drexappeal

Totally understandable. Everybody has to make decisions based on their personal needs and uses, which is part of the reason why I understand that there are so many iPhone loyalists. For them, it suits their needs better than Android does. In your case, it has seemed like there wasn't a truly compelling reason for you to make the smartphone switch. I know many people that still haven't wanted to make that jump.
  25. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

it is a natural tech progression... i think everyone will have one.. sometime in the near future.

eventually it will be just a cheap to make a low-level smartphone as it is to make a dumb phone.

plain phones will disappear.