what is sprint id ?Support

Last Updated:

1. pmcnamara

pmcnamara Member This Topic's Starter

What does it do and why do I need it or want it ?

Advertisement
  2. jall65

jall65 Member

Its different packages to your liking. I basically chose the sprint ID then jut download other apps that I want. The sprint id has the NFL, Sprint TV and tel nav, nascar and their normal packages that come with your regular phone that you get with data packages. I use a the apps in sprint id a lot so it benefits me. You can choose other ids on your phone and switch to them at ant time.

3. K4KAI

K4KAI Well-Known Member

It is, in my opinion, an Application that Sprint is putting on their new Android phones to try to keep us from using the phone for apps and games without first "activating" and associating it with a Sprint account. :confused:

I asked the Manager at our local Sprint store if there was any way to delete it. He told me the it couldn't be removed without "rooting" the phone first.

4. JRam817

JRam817 New Member

I think Sprint ID is great. It's basically a store that Sprint put together that lets you download packs of apps to put on your phone. There aren't that many packs right now but that's no big deal and they're all free. The two packs I use are "Clean" and "Sprint". The Clean pack is basically stock Android 2.2 with no carrier bloat whatsoever. The Sprint pack is all the Sprint apps like TV, Football, Navigation, etc. However you can delete any of the apps you want from any of the packs you download. For instance out of the Sprint pack, I just decided to keep Sprint TV and none of the other stuff. So basically I have a stock Android experience but have Sprint TV added in. I thoroughly enjoy it :)

5. Jessicalt1

Jessicalt1 Well-Known Member

I've found the best part about Sprint ID is being able to remove "bloatware" like NFL and Sprint TV. On my Hero, you were stuck unless you rooted.

6. bradhoschar

bradhoschar Well-Known Member

Im not sure if you can delete SprintID, but i know I accidentally uninstalled Sprint TV and had to do a restore to get it back...