What is su binary? How to install it?

Last Updated:

1. bitman65

bitman65 New Member

Hi! I wanted to change my system fonts of phone so I installed an app "Custom Android Font Switcher" and downloaded some fonts (true type fonts) from net and put them in sd card. When I ran the app it said, "you don't have su binary":confused: and when I tried to apply the fonts it said, "there was an error applying the font":( My phone is rooted (checked through root checker and android terminal emulator). Please help!

Advertisement
    lanzkie05 likes this.
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

The app is telling you that you must be rooted to use it.

If you aren't rooted, it won't work
    ocnbrze likes this.
  3. tastycaramel

tastycaramel Guest

Open up superuser and update the binaries.
  4. tastycaramel

tastycaramel Guest

I think su binary is something that simply converts system files into one executable file. This makes it easier for "rooted" apps to run.
  5. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

If you are indeed rooted, then as mentioned above, it means that your binary is outdated, or that you denied root access to the app you are trying to use.
  6. bitman65

bitman65 New Member

I ran superuser it says su binary not found. Now what?
  7. tastycaramel

tastycaramel Guest

If you failed to install su binaries not to say update them, then you are most probably not rooted properly. It happened to me before a few times. It is a bit frustrating but what I did was to root again and it should work.
    argedion and LilBit like this.
  8. LilBit

LilBit Well-Known Member Contributor

I would try that first, quick and easy.:D
    argedion likes this.
  9. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

Su binary is Superuser. Root apps should make a pop-up appear asking you to allow or deny, similar to Windows Vista UAC prompts. Download a terminal emulator from the Play Store and run it. Type "su " and hit enter. If you get "permission denied" you aren't rooted
    argedion likes this.