• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is the android phone to get at the moment?

turkletont

Jun 21, 2010
Sorry, I know nothing about android phones and looking through all the models can be a little intimidating.

The Galaxy Nexus seems good, but it's not out right? The Razr and the Rezound both look good too.. I'm currently not with a provider and don't really care who I go with as they are all about the same price. Amazon has all the phones for a penny with a 2 year contract, I just want to make sure I get the right one.

I'm new to Android. But I've found I like a physical qwerty keyboard rather than the touch screen keyboard. I love my Android phone, but will probably get one with a slide-out keyboard the next time I upgrade.

If you are a gamer, the Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY has a slide-out gamer control board.

If you are a power user, want to use lots of apps, and plan to multi-task, you will probably be happier getting a phone with a fast processor and the lasted version of Android rather than a starter phone (Prevail/Precedent).

Also, for me, there was (is) a steep learning curve to get the most out of the Android.

I'm sure there are several models that will work for you, but there is probably no "best" model. Enjoy.

Upvote 0
What phone you want is really something only you can answer, but I'll try to help you a little. Are you sure you want a contract? Prepaid is a great way to have an android smartphone and not pay a a huge amount every month. If I'm not mistaken, the Nexus isn't out yet. If you buy the latest and greatest phone, you'll have to pay the latest and greatest price. xP Also, with a contract, you may not actually like the phone, the phone that your now stuck with for two years. I know this hasn't been much of a help, but all I'm trying to say is that you might want to check out prepaid companies and their smartphones before you sign any contracts. Most or all prepaid companies offer androids that you can try out and if you don't like it, just switch phones or carriers without having to pay any fees. The right phone for you is something really only you can decide. Happy Searching! =D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones