• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is the backup of Titanium Backup APK called?

just4747

Jun 25, 2010
Hey guys,

I have the root app Titanium Backup. When I root my friends' phones, I like giving them all my root apps with a quick transfer of my SD card app backups from AppControl.

BUT, I have never been able to find the backup file for Titanium Backup. I realize they can just download it from the Market, but where I work I get no service so I can't download it for hours for them.

Does AppControl or even Titanium Backup itself actually back up Titanium Backup? It seems almost like they skip over the APK because I can never find any backed up APK files that have the words "Titanium" or "Backup" in it.

Weird question but I've never been able to find the file!

In Astro's Backup it reports the file as com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup; however, the file doesn't show up in either Titanium Backup or Astro's backup folders on the SD card.

Very interesting...

Titanium Backup must be using a disguised name for it's apk file in the backup folders, because I have restored Titanium Backup using Astro's restore function in the past. but I used Astro to do it.

Upvote 0
Very interesting indeed.

Any more info on this guys? How can we find this file and be able to transfer it around at will from SD card to SD card?

Come to think of it, I feel like I never see Widget Locker's backup either, even though it restores as well. How about this one?

I mean I am scrolling through AppControl's backup folder and I see no app names with any of the following words: "titanium, backup, widget, locker, teslacoil"...nothing!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones