What is the best alternative to Polaris?Support

1. zazan

zazan Well-Known Member

I have some serious issues with Polaris which I have been unable to correct even with calls to htc. As an example it will not open some Excel files, I get the message that there is "not enough memory to extract the file" which is a 1.5 Meg file, and with PowerPoint files some slides are ok while others are empty of content. I have converted the MS Excel files to "Open Office" and they don't even show up as existing even though they are on the SD card.

I don't know if this is a problem with Polaris or with Office 2010 documents.

So instead of continuing to fight with Polaris does anyone have some advice on what other app I could use that would actually open and allow me to work with my "office" files?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. tproctor

tproctor Well-Known Member

I use Documents to Go. Seems to work pretty good for the few Word files and Spreadsheets that I have messed with.
    zazan likes this.
  3. andr01d

andr01d Well-Known Member

I bought Quickoffice Pro for my old phone and Quickoffice Pro HD for my current tablet. They both work fine but i have not used it enough to discover any issues though. I saw Polaris on the phone and the first thing i thought was... wow saved 20 bucks here:)
    bye
    zazan likes this.
  4. zazan

zazan Well-Known Member

Thank you!

I'll give both of these a good try. Yeah, I also thought I had saved some money with Polaris but it seems to have a few issues. Seems to work OK with Word files but not so well with others.